If, like me, you overdid it on the binge eating over Christmas and now need a serious detox, this alkalising green soup is just what you need! It’s warming and super nutritious.
Total time needed: 30 minutes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 200g courgettes, roughly sliced
- 85g broccoli
- 100g kale, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 leek
- Fry the garlic, ginger, corriander, turmeric and salt on a low heat for 2 minutes, then add 3 tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Add the courgettes and leek and continue to cook for 3 mins.
- Add the stock and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the broccoli, kale and lime juice and leave to boil over for another 5 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Take off the heat and pour everything into a blender and blend until it resembles a soup like consistency.