They are perfect as a healthy snack for work or a pre-gym boost! Plus, they are so easy and quick to make, require no baking, and can be made in big batches and stored in the fridge for a few weeks.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 25-30 energy balls
- 400g mixed nuts – I use almonds, walnuts and Brazil nuts
- 10 pitted medjool dates (if you can’t buy them pitted you can take out the seeds yourself)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons runny honey
1. Put the mixed nuts into a food processor and blitz until they are broken up into tiny shards
2. Put the medjool dates into the food processor and blitz again until the nuts and dates are blended together
3. Add the honey and the cacao powder and process until a sticky dough has formed
4. Roll into balls using your hands
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks! Bon apetit.