Prep time: 25 minutes
Makes approximately 30 squares
I love Easter (Probably because I was born on Good Friday!). But also because Easter chocolate is better than any other type of chocolate! This Easter Rocky Road recipe is full of Oreo Easter Eggs, Mini Eggs and M&Ms… And lots of other things that are super delicious and not very good for you!
These Rocky Road bites honestly taste amazing… I took a batch to the office and they were literally gone within seconds. The soft marshmallows and the crunchy biscuits provide the perfect combination of textures. The marbled finish also makes them so pretty and perfect for serving the family over Easter. It’s so easy to make, and doesn’t even require baking!
- 200g Dark Chocolate (this can be any type or brand of chocolate – I like to use Asda’s Smartprice brand, it’s so cheap, yet is one of the best tasting chocolate I’ve tried!)
- 200g White Chocolate (this should be a ‘best for baking’ type of chocolate, to avoid curdling)
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 90g mini eggs
- 90g mini Oreo eggs (these can also be substituted for mini creme eggs)
- 160g digestive biscuits
- A handful of pink cake decorations including hundreds of thousands and mini hearts.
- 50g M&Ms
- Pink food colouring
- Blue food colouring
- Line a square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt your dark chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Place your digestive biscuits in a sandwich bag and smash with a rolling pin until the biscuits are around the size of 5p pieces. Add these to your saucepan and stir until all the biscuit pieces are covered in the chocolate mixture. Add half of the mini eggs and half of the marshmallows to the mixture and stir so they are mixed together.
- Pour your mixture into your baking tray and pat down firmly with a wooden spoon. Add a few more mini eggs and marshmallows on the top but make sure there are still some left over for the topping.
- Divide your white chocolate into 3 glass bowls and bring a saucepan full of water to boil. Melt the first batch of white chocolate in the bowl over the saucepan. Leave this batch uncoloured. Once melted, drizzle over your biscuit mixture in the cake tin. Add a few more mini eggs, marshmallows, Oreo eggs chopped in half, and a few m&ms on top.
- Melt your next batch of white chocolate and add the pink food colouring. Drizzle over your mixture in the cake tin to create a marbled effect. Add a few more mini eggs, marshmallows, Oreo eggs chopped in half, and a few M&Ms on top.
- Melt your final batch of white chocolate and add the blue food colouring. Drizzle over your mixture in the cake tin to create a marbled effect and add your remaining mini eggs, marshmallows, Oreo eggs, M&Ms and sprinkle your pink cake decorations over the top.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until hard.
- Cut your Rocky Road into small squares and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!!)