Overall time needed: 15 minutes
If you’re looking for a healthy recipe packed with protein whilst being super tasty, these Mexican eggs are one to try! They’re really quick to prepare making them a perfect midweek meal idea, and are also vegetarian, so are great for any of you who celebrate Meat-Free-Mondays!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 3 mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 10 cherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
- 50g sweetcorn
- 100g black beans
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Few basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to season
- 25g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add your olive oil, mushrooms, sweetcorn and black beans to a frying pan and cook on a low heat for 1 – 2 minutes. The heat should remain low throughout this recipe to avoid the ingredients burning.
- After this, add the cherry tomatoes and paprika, chilli flakes, garlic and salt and pepper and toss the ingredients to they are covered in the spices.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cover until the eggs are cooked through (this should take around 2 minutes for a runny yolk or around 4 minutes for a hard yolk)
- Turn the heat off and add the coriander and basil leaves to the pan and then crumble the feta cheese on top.