Prep time: 10 minutes (requires 5 hours cooling time)
If you’re having a last minute panic about your Christmas menu this year, I have the ultimate dessert for you. This was recommended to me by a friend, because it’s literally the easiest dessert you’ll ever make, but still looks super festive and impressive. It’s also really refreshing and light, so goes down well after a large Christmas roast!
I’ve added little iced snowmen to my possets (which I actually just bought from Sainsburys!!) but you could sub this with any festive decoration.
- 600ml double cream
- 200g caster sugar
- zest and juice of 2 lemons and 1 lime
- Iced snowmen (for decorating). I bought mine from Sainsburys
- 2 crushed ginger biscuits
- Heat your cream and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until all the sugar has melted.
- Bring the mixture to boil, stir in the zest and lemon and lime juice and turn off the heat.
- Pour into ramekins or glasses, cover, and leave to set in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Just before serving, crumble your crushed ginger biscuits on top of each posset and and add your snowmen decorations.