Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 medium sized pancakes
I was gifted a packet of Sambazon’s acai compote and asked to prepare some delicious pancakes with it. Sambazon have found that traditional syrup is full of a lot of sugar, so they’ve added some superfood punch to a fruity compote to use as a pancake topping. The acai bowl has recently become insta-famous worldwide, and their packets can be used to recreate them yourselves at home too. If you’re wondering where their interesting name comes from, Sambazon takes its name from its core goal: Sustainable Management of the Brazilian Amazon. It aims for and represents a positive future of global food consumption that makes a positive impact on local communities and protects the biodiversity of the Amazon Rainforest.
The pancakes are oat and apple pancakes, full of the same warming flavours of an apple pie. I found these went well with the fruity flavours of the compote.
- 1 Sambazon Original Superfruit Pack
- handful of fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 45g oats
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- To make your pancakes, put the cinnamon, coconut oil, oats, sliced apple, honey and egg into a food processor and blitz for around 1 minute, until a sort of paste forms.
- Spoon on to a frying pan on a medium heat in round circles and cook for about 1-2 minutes and flip and repeat.
- To make your berry mixture, in a sauce pan, add blueberries/blackberries and Sambazon Original Superfruit and cook down on medium heat, stirring often until you have a thick syrup.
- Spoon on to the pancakes and enjoy!