Easter doesn’t feel like Easter with out some nest cakes. They’re literally one of the easiest ‘bakes’ on the planet. Most recipes normally tell you to use rice krispies or cornflakes but I find that shredded wheat creates a better nest like effect! The mix of chocolate, drinking chocolate, butter and golden syrup is super tasty.
Makes 12- 15 nests
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 100 g Golden Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Drinking Chocolate
- 150g Shredded Wheat
- 80g packet of Mini Eggs
- In a large saucepan add your butter, chocolate and golden syrup on a low heat until melted. Then stir in your drinking chocolate.
- Crush your shredded wheat into small pieces and then stir into your chocolate mixture.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Scoop your chocolate/shredded wheat mixture into little nest shapes and lay out on the tray, then add your mini eggs on top to decorate.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 5 hours.