As the festive season draws closer, these cute Rudolph Truffles are just what you need to get in the mood for Christmas. They’re perfect for a Christmas party, or to be wrapped and put under the tree.
Overall time needed: 4.5 hours (including 4 hours chill time)
This recipe will make 50 truffles
- 300g dark chocolate (I would recommend Asda’s Smartprice Chocolate – only 35p per 100g but is just as delicious as any premium brand!)
- 300ml pot double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 packet of twiglets
- Mini cupcake cases
- Coloured writing icing
- Break the chocolate into a large glass bowl. Pour the cream and butter into the bowl and heat on a low heat over a saucepan full of boiling water. Stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- Cool for 4 hours in the fridge.
- To shape the truffles into balls, use a melon baller to scoop out the mixture. To make them perfectly rounded you can use your hands at this stage. Place in the mini cupcake cases.
- Break the twiglets in half and gently poke them into the truffles to create the antlers
- Use green writing icing to add the eyes, and red icing for the noses.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days. Enjoy!