With cold and flu season just around the corner I’ve been trying to incorporate more ginger into my daily food intake! Ginger is one of the healthiest spices on the planet, its great for digestion and warding off colds and flu, however, most of us don’t eat enough since its… well…an acquired taste! Blending them into these energy bites reduces its sharpness whilst also adding a hint of spice to these otherwise sweet treats.
Energy bites are my new favourite snack – they’re super easy to prepare, very healthy, can be stored for weeks and are perfect for taking to work to zap away the pre-lunch hunger pangs! Check out my cacao energy bites too if you haven’t done so yet!
Makes approximately 20 energy balls
- 50g cashew nuts
- 50g walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 80g dried apricots
- A fresh piece of ginger, about 4cm – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Place the nuts into a food processor and blitz until they are broken into tiny shards.
2. Add the apricots to the food processor and blitz again until the nuts and apricots are blended together.
3. Add the honey, ginger and chia seeds and process again until a sticky dough has formed
4. Roll into balls using your hands
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks! Bon appetit.