This chicken stew is quickly becoming one of my favourite midweek meals this January when it’s sooo cold and dark outside! (boo) It’s super quick to prepare and is delicious alongside some creamy mash or roast potatoes.
Overall time needed: 30 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 350ml chicken stock
- 6 cloves garlic
- Salt and crushed black pepper (to taste)
- 25g butter
- 1 leek, chopped
- 200g mushrooms
- 150ml white wine
- 150 ml double cream
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and then add the chicken and cook on a medium heat until slightly golden.
2. Add the garlic, leek, and mushrooms. At this point I like to reduce the heat and let the veggies ‘slow cook’ to bring out maximum flavour. Leave to cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the White wine and chicken stock and simmer on a low heat.
4. Add the double cream followed by the salt and pepper and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Bon apetit!