If you’re looking for a super quick yet totally delicious DIY meal, you have come to the right place! These flatbread pizzas are bursting with Italian flavours and massive amounts of veggies, although the toppings are optional, you could try adding salami, chicken or a selection of your preferred vegetables instead of what I have suggested. This is one of my go to meals when having friends round for lunch – its just so easy to make (yet seems impressive!)
I came up with this recipe myself after discovering Warburton squares. I love them, they’re really versatile and can be used to make sandwiches, wraps, garlic bread and even pizza. They’re available in most supermarkets, however I find they are so popular nowadays that they are regularly sold out *sob*. So when I spot them in the supermarket I buy a stackful and freeze them (top tip for any kind of bread!)
Overall time needed: 30 minutes
- Flatbread – I use Warburton squares but any type will do
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of salt and crushed black pepper
- 50g mozzarella, chopped into small chunks
- 25g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a courgette, finely sliced
- 15 olives
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6/200 degrees centigrade
- Place your flatbread on a baking tray and spread the chopped tomatoes evenly on top
- Sprinkle the garlic, basil leaves, salt and pepper on top.
- Add your mushrooms, courgette slices, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and olives on top, followed by the cheese. Then add a bit more black pepper on top.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is slightly golden. Enjoy!