I originally saw this recipe being made on Blue Peter over a decade ago! They called it ‘Blue Peter Party Cake’, but then a few years later my best friend came over with the same exact cake calling it ‘Polish Cake’. Either way, it’s been a firm favourite in our household ever since, and we now call it ‘Chocolate Biscuit Bites’ because, well, that’s basically what it is!
They are super buttery and delicious and basically taste like biscuits dunked in hot chocolate. What’s not to like?
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 225g plain biscuits (I used plain digestive biscuits)
- 110g margarine
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 dessertspoons cocoa
- 2 dessertspoons drinking chocolate
- 1 dessertspoon caster sugar
- Break up your biscuits by placing them in a freezer bag and smashing them with a rolling pin. Break until they are around the size of 5p pieces.
- In a saucepan, mix the margarine, the golden syrup, cocoa, sugar and drinking chocolate over a low heat until combined.
- Once they’ve all melted together, pour the mixture over the biscuits and mix it all together with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into a well greased cake tin, I used a square one so it can be cut into mini squares but you can also use a circular one if you prefer.
- Put some greaseproof paper on top and then, to keep it tightly packed together, stick a plate on top and then a couple of tinned soups or beans to weigh it down.
- Leave to set overnight in the fridge, then remove and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, enjoy!