Prep time needed: 15 minutes
Following on from my previous post this week on how much money we could save by making our own packed lunches and ditching boring Pret sandwiches… I have another great recipe for you to try.
Now, this is a bold statement but, this is probably the best chicken wrap I’ve ever eaten! It’s full of flavour and spices and the rocket gives it some crunch. Plus, you know exactly what’s gone in it, so it’s much healthier than a store bought version.
This recipe will make two wraps. It only takes around 15 minutes to prepare, so in that time you’ve made lunch for two days (and that will probably cost you less than £1!)
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into small chunks
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Squirt of mayonnaise (I like to use Nandos’ perinaise which can be found in most supermarkets)
- A handful of rocket leaves
- Make your marinade by mixing your lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl so that a paste forms.
- Place your chopped chicken breast in the marinade and cover in the paste. Leave to set for a few minutes while you prepare your wrap.
- Spread your mayonnaise on the tortilla wrap and place the rocket on it too.
- Pan fry your chicken on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Then, place in the wrap and roll up.